We’re really pleased to announce the opening of our on site shop for guests, so they can stock up on basics while staying with us. We think this is a great addition to our other on site facilities and means that you can stock up on basics if you forget anything!
The shop is located in the corner of the car park next to the bike store. It’s open from 8am to 8pm every day and to enter you just need to use the black key fob that is in your cottage (which also gives access to the pool).
The shop operates on an honesty system. A form is provided and we just need you to complete it and hand it to a member of staff or pop it into the office, and arrange payment of the items bought.
There are all sorts of goodies that you can buy at the shop. Stock includes:
- Meals and desserts made in our farmhouse kitchen which are available from the freezer
- Butter and soft drinks
- Nespresso capsules
- New Forest Aromatics products
- Food basics such as rice, pasta and cereal
- Bath beans and brio toys for little ones
- Baking baskets (which include ingredients needed to make brownies, decorated biscuits and gingerbread in your cottage)
- Some of the lovely Joseph Joseph kitchenware that you’ll also find in your cottage
- And not forgetting our Limited Edition Wallops Wood Home Made Seville Orange Marmalade (lovingly made in our farmhouse kitchen). This won’t be around for too much longer, so make sure you get some while it’s there!
So far the shop is proving to be popular, and best sellers include ice cream, crumble, apple juice and baking experiences. Our baking experiences are a great way to entertain children (or adults!) for an afternoon, particularly if the weather isn’t that great! Purchase the ingredients to make your own brownies, biscuits and gingerbread and spend an afternoon baking and getting creative in the kitchen! Depending on which baking basket you choose, you get to keep the apron, rolling pin, recipe card and cutters or baking tray so that you can make the delicious treats at home 😀
Any questions? Please contact us and we’ll do our best to help.