Our brand new Games Room opened on Friday 14th February - just in time for our half term families!
We hope that you will enjoy this fantastic new facility at Wallops Wood Cottages. Situated next to the indoor pool complex, this is a large room with games for everyone.
The games room is open from 9am to 7pm every day.
Please be aware that the games room also hosts wellness retreats with yoga at some times of the year but never in half terms or holidays. During those dates, the games room will not be open.
What's in the games room?
- Soft play area for infants with jungle gym and play nest
- Sofa for Mums and Dads to relax in whilst watching the small children playing
- 'Tea Shop' soft Wendy House
- 'Fireman's Truck' soft Wendy House
- Brio train set on a table
- Baby doll to feed and clothe. She has her own cot and 'growbag'!
- Boxes of toys
- Small table football
- Large air hockey table for adults and teens
- Large pool table for adults and teens
- Table tennis for all ages
- Children's interactive kitchen with pots and pans and utensils to have fun with
- Make believe shop with products - small children can enjoy playing shop
- Adventure bus with a slide and swing
We do have Brio products you are able to buy (please contact the office if you wish to purchase) including:
- Farm Train: £15
- Safari Train: £15
- Mighty Red Action Locomotive: £23
- Clever Crane Wagon: £12
- Tractor With Load: £12
- Airplane: £17
- Ferry Ship: £17
- Lifting Bridge: £20
- Magnetic Action Crossing: £10
- Magnetic Bell Signal: £7
- Starter Track: £18
When is the Games Room open?
You can enjoy the Games Room every day of the week during your stay, from 9am to 7pm.
Please use your black fob (which also opens the indoor swimming pool; hold the fob against the door and open the handle).
Lights are on the right hand side of the door.
The Games Room has just opened and is available to all ages from six month babies to older children, and adults, to have fun.
"A hidden gem. Second time we have stayed now as a group of friends. It really is perfect for all ages. It’s all about the finer details here, they have really created a perfect holiday home!"
Emily S, Glenside cottage stay, March 2020
"I wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay at your beautiful cottages!! Both children, my husband and myself absolutely loved our holiday - your accommodation is immaculate, comfortable and situated in such beautiful surroundings. The delicious cake upon arrival and the fantastic swimming pool and games room!
A wonderful stay and we will definitely be back and will recommend to friends. Thank you very much."
Mrs Macnab, Sundew cottage stay
"Another great visit, the addition of a play room was perfect!
Our little ones loved the swimming pool and the newly open play room. We will be back again next year!"
ManveerK, March 2020
"Fantastic cottages. Great facilities for a family break. The new games room for children was fantastic for rainy days. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. We will definitely be back. "
S Smith, March 2020
Just a few rules!
A few rules to help ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment …
- The Games Room is open from 9am to 7pm every day. Access is by the key fob system for entry AND exit. The room is monitored by CCTV
- All children under 12 years of age should be supervised at all times by an adult
- Please leave everything clean and tidy
- No food or drink to be consumed in the Games Room
- Some games have small parts and are not suitable for small children under 3 years old. Please ensure that these games are kept out of the reach of small children
- Please only use the fob-operated side door. The large front doors are for fire exit only, if you are the last people to leave, please check that these doors are locked
- Please be respectful of other users and guests. Please leave the room quietly, and ensure that your enjoyment does not spoil that of other users
- If there are others waiting to use the same game or toy, please allow them to use it at the end of your game or after a suitable period of time
- Games and toys in the games room must not be removed
- Use of the Games Room is at the Guest’s own risk and Wallops Wood Ltd (t/a Wallops Wood Cottages) cannot accept liability for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by the misuse of this space and the contents
Please help to keep it tidy by tidying up after yourselves or others. It is for everyone’s enjoyment so please look after it.