Ensuring our cottages would be accessible and disability friendly was a big part of the vision for Wallops Wood from the outset. We wanted to be able to welcome everyone from friends and families to groups, guests with disabilities and their carers, not forgetting our guests’ very important pets too!
Getting the design right from the start was a challenge and we hope that what we have created here enables everyone to enjoy themselves and not to have to worry about what they need to bring. We think we’ve thought of pretty much everything.
One thing we know from experience is that many of our disabled guests have dogs, so being able to accommodate them in our cottages is very important to us. Not only do we provide a welcome pack for all our guests, but our guest dogs get their very own welcome packs too! This includes:
• Holiday tag – attach the tag with our contact details to your dog’s collar just in case they run off!
• Poop scoop and bags – there’s a dedicated waste bin in the car park
• Wallops Wood’s own tasty biscuits to excite your dog’s taste buds!
• Blanket and two sofa throws – we know keeping your dogs off the furniture can be a challenge, but please use the throws provided to help us keep the cottages looking as good as they do.
• Towels for wiping muddy paws.
• A thermostatic dog shower with adjustable temperature control in the car park area to clean mucky dogs.
• Water & food bowls so you don’t have to bring your own.
We have a local vet, dog groomer & dog walker just in case you need to make use of these extra services. Hannah our local dog walker will come and pick up your dog and take them out for you if needed.
There’s plenty of dog friendly and disability friendly places to visit in the area too, so getting out and about to see what the South Downs has to offer we hope will add to the enjoyment of your stay here at Wallops Wood!