Welcome to Wallops Wood Cottages
Our Holiday Cottages will now re-open on Saturday 4th July 2020!
On the 23rd of June the government gave the green light for us to open our doors to our guests. However the swimming pool, sauna and steam room are still closed.
During lockdown we’ve been keeping the site carefully maintained and we are overjoyed to be able to see all our returning guests once again and welcome new families to our beautiful countryside.
We have put together a detailed information charter of our cleaning procedures as well as new arrival time. Please CLICK HERE to read through these.
We have won several National Awards and have been consistently noted and praised for our "outstanding cleaning". We are now training our housekeeping team to go above and beyond our highest standards and preparing to reopen safely.
Just 1 hour away from London, we will ensure that all our guests can enjoy a fantastic staycation in the South Downs National Park.
Please visit the government guidelines for detailed information HERE.
Please keep an eye on our social media posts for more information.
We have installed an infrared sauna for your enjoyment.
Visible, ultra-violet and infra are all part of the light spectrum known as EMR (electron magnetic radiation). Each type has different wave lengths that have specific properties. Infra-red rays stimulate the skin with a warming and heating sensation.
For most people the effect of infra-red heat on the skin is for the skin pores to open, superficial blood vessels dilate and the blood begins to circulated more quickly, causing perspiration. Breathing and heat rate increase.
It is recommended that you drink plenty of water before and after your sauna session to avoid dehydration. If you shower after your sauna, it is best to rinse off with clean water ie, without soap or shampoo.
Please do not lean against the red panels, they get very hot.
If you need help or want a demonstration, please ask a member of staff.
The sauna is inside the indoor swimming pool complex and can be enjoyed from 8am to 8pm.
How to use the Sauna room
- Press the on/off button on the key pad to switch the cabin on. The red power LED will be red and the heat LED will be green
- To set the time, press SET once, then use the up and down arrow buttons until the required time is displayed, press ENTER to confirm
- To set the temperature, press SET twice, then use the up and down arrow buttons until the required temperature is displayed, press ENTER to confirm. Once the required temperature is reached the heat LED will switch off and the temperature LED will switch on
- Please Note: We recommend setting the cabin temperature to around 60 degree centigrade in order to obtain the most benefit from the infrared emitters
- The light button on the key pad will switch on the cabin’s white lights, and will activate the chromo-therapy light button
- To activate the chromo-therapy lights, press the blue button to switch the lights on, pushing again to cycle through the colours, one setting will allow the lights to automatically cycle.
About Infra-red Sauna Bathing
Unlike a traditional sauna where the air is heated to an elevated temperature, in an infrared sauna the rays pass through the air and directly stimulate the body. Accordingly the air temperature measured on a thermometer will be much less in an infra-red cabin. And it is not necessary to warm up the cabin for any length of time before you start using it.
The infra-red rays are only transmitted when the emitters are glowing red. When the set temperature is reached, the thermostat will cut off the power to the emitters and they will stop glowing.
" It's beautiful here. Lots to see and do. Loved the swimming pool and jacuzzi. It was spotless and very homely. I would recommend it to anyone. Going back again!"
" Fantastic accommodation. Very spacious and a great pool. Our cottage had a great hot tub in the garden."
"We enjoyed our stay so much!
Lovely clean cottage with everything you would need and the hot tub in the garden was amazing! The new swimming pool and sauna etc was also very fun for the kids and was spotless. Thank you"
Ruth Simmons, 10th November 2019
"A lovely big space with plenty of room for wheelchair users and others with mobility needs. The pool and hot tub were a big hit with the two girls. "
Mark Cooper, 31st October 2019
A few words of caution
Do not use the sauna if you are under the influence of alcohol or have just eaten a heavy meal. Do not use the sauna without prior medical advice if any of the following are applicable to you:
- Elderly person
- Heart disease
- Skin disorder that is aggravated by heat
- Any other complaint of which you are unsure about taking a sauna
- Heart or blood pressure disorders
- Diabetic or suffer from excess fluid retention
- Remove all jewellery and metal objects from your body. These will heat up quickly and could burn you
- Avoid using the sauna room immediately after strenuous exercise
- Leave the sauna room at once if you feel sleepy, sick or uncomfortable
- This sauna is not recommended for children under 16 years old unless they are supervised by an adult
- The sauna is not intended for use by people (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use by a person responsible for their safety
- We recommend a maximum single session time of 15 minutes. And a maximum of three sessions of 15 minutes in any 2-hour period
- If you are using this infra-red sauna for the first time or have recently taken medication that could sensitise your skin, a test session of more than 10 minutes should be taken to check for any diverse skin reaction before using the sauna again