This Is How We Are Protecting Our Guests During Their Stay
Updated 8th September 2021
We have welcomed many guests to our lovely countryside cottages since re-opening. It's been amazing seeing people again! Real face to face (albeit socially distanced) interactions, real smiles and families that obviously needed a break.
All non-essential items have been removed from the cottages to avoid infection (books, board games, non-essential soft furnishings, hairdryers and boxes of tissues). These items are in quarantine but if you'd like us to place any of these items in your cottage prior to your arrival, please let us know.
Please also familiarise yourself with the protocols we have put in place.
Updated government guidelines can be viewed on the government website HERE.
The swimming pool is open and guests can enjoy the whole swimming pool to themselves! Guests from each cottage are entitled to one swim session per day of 45 minutes and are invited to sign up for their swim session the day before on the list in the pool area. Only guests from one cottage are permitted in the pool complex at any time, and social distancing should continue to be observed if guests are from different households.
Sauna, Steam Room and Changing Areas
These remain closed to help us with the cleaning protocols. We are adhering to government guidelines to keep our guests and staff safe and thank you for your support.
Sadly, we had to shut our games room only a week after it was opened. We look forward to reopening it when the COVID-19 cleaning protocols are relaxed.
Arrival and Departure Times
Our arrival and departure times have changed to allow extra time for cleaning between guests. Arrivals are after 5pm, and departures by 9am.
Our hygiene procedures are in line with government guidelines but we have enhanced our already stellar cleaning routines. Our housekeeping was always one of the best in the business (we have won many awards highlighting the top quality of our housekeeping) but we have implemented more stringent procedures and our staff went through extensive training to ensure we go above and beyond what is required.
In August 2020 we were very proud to win the National Self Catering Accommodation of the Year Silver Award, so you’re in good hands at Wallops Wood Cottages.
For the AA COVID CONFIDENT scheme, Wallops Wood Cottages met the AA’s criteria, including:
- Supplying a risk assessment
- Providing clear evidence that relevant procedures and measures are in place, and that staff training took place
- Signing up to the COVID Confident Charter, a code of conduct that includes a commitment to continuing to update procedures and measures as guidelines change, and submitting to future audits
We are listed on the AAs consumer facing website RatedTrips.com and we will be updated regularly on any changes that the government makes in regards to Covid-19 guidelines, Health and Safety and best practice.
To book, please visit our availability page HERE.
We have followed industry guidance and our COVID-19 Risk Assessment comprises many practical measures including new, deep cleaning protocols for every changeover clean which includes:
- All cutlery, glassware, crockery and kitchen utensils, and high touch points such as work surfaces, light switches, handles, taps, appliance controls, remote controls, table tops will be cleaned and disinfected after each stay
- All of our housekeepers will wear PPE equipment (mask, gloves, apron, protected footwear) and one cleaner will be allocated to each cottage
- We use Log 5 cleaning products which conform to UK advice and are rated to EN14476:2013+A2:2019, EN14476 or EN14675
- We disinfect against legionella in all kitchens and bathrooms
- The hot tubs will remain in use with our usual high standard of cleaning, along with the rims and covers
- Soft furnishings are treated with antiviral sprays
- Duvets, pillows and mattress protectors are swapped at every changeover and ‘quarantined’ for at least 72 hours
- Two ‘swap boxes’ are used per cottage; one remains in ‘quarantine’, the other to be placed in the cottage. Each contain: tea, coffee, sugar, cooking salt and olive oil, Nespresso capsules, cling film, tin foil, bin bag rolls, liquid dishwasher tablets, washing powder, hand soaps, cloths, j-clots, sponge and scourer, multi-surface spray, shower gel, toilet rolls, hand soap, air freshener
- Social distancing between staff and guests is mandatory
Will continue to be supplied. It is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before placement into the cottage.
Children’s equipment will remain available, which includes:
Avent electric sterilizer
Microwaveable steam sterilizers
Baby welcome packs
All items will be disinfected with virucidal spray between use.
Dogs are still welcome with their welcome pack and bedding included. Items will be disinfected between use with virucidal spray products rated to EN14476 or EN14675 Log 5
Flexible cancellation policy
Cancellations terms depend upon the date you made your booking but must be immediately notified to us by phone on 01489-878888 and then confirmed in writing by email at [email protected]. No explanation is required! If your cancellation is eligible for a refund, it will be made on the departure date of your original booking.
Cancellations made the day before, or on check-in date, are not covered by our cancellation policy and we recommend guests obtain travel insurance to cover this period.
See our current Terms & Conditions HERE.
What to do if you become unwell with COVID-19 symptoms
Wallops Wood Cottages will adhere to government guidance on reporting and managing potential infection cases.
If a guest (you or a member of your party) arrives with COVID-19 symptoms or develops symptoms during their stay (a recent onset of a continuous cough or high temperature or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell), you must advise Wallops Wood Cottages by telephone and return home to self-isolate for 7 days (or 14 days if living with someone who has the symptoms).
- Staff experiencing similar symptoms will go home to self-isolate for 7 days.
- Sufferers should not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- If symptoms worsen, NHS 111 should be called, or their website visited: 111.nhs.uk.
- In case of acute breathing difficulties, 999 should be called.
Once a property is vacated post infection, appropriate cleaning procedures will be followed after 72 hours.