We Are Preparing to Re-Open Safely
How We're Protecting our Guests When We Re-Open
25 June 2020
We are re-opening our cottages to guests on 4 July. Over the last few months we’ve been working out the best ways to ensure the safety of all of our guests and want to reassure everyone that we are taking the strictest measures to ensure the cottages will be cleaned to the highest standards to avoid any spread of infection.
Update 26 June 2020
Wallops Wood Cottages have been awarded the WE'RE GOOD TO GO industry standard by @VisitEngland.
The safety of our guests and team is at the heart of everything we are doing in preparation for reopening next weekend.
We have followed industry guidance and our COVID-19 Risk Assessment comprises many practical measures including new, deep cleaning protocols for every changeover clean.
Update 2 July 2020
Our swimming pool will be open daily from Saturday 4 July!
Guests from each cottage will be entitled to one swim session per day of 45 minutes. Guests are invited to sign up for their swim session the day before on the list in the pool area.
Only guests from one cottage are permitted in the pool at any time, and social distancing should continue to be observed if guests are from different households.
The sauna, steam room and changing areas will be closed to help us with the cleaning protocols.
* All cutlery, glassware, crockery and kitchen utensils, and high touch points such as work surfaces, light switches, handles, taps, appliance controls, remote controls, table tops will be cleaned and disinfected after each stay
* Soft furnishings will be treated with antiviral sprays
* All of our housekeepers will wear PPE equipment (mask, gloves, apron, protected footwear) and one cleaner will be allocated to each cottage
* We use Log 5 cleaning products which conform to UK advice and are rated to EN14476:2013+A2:2019, EN14476 or EN14675
* We disinfect against legionella in all kitchens and bathrooms
* All non-essential items have been removed from the cottages to avoid infection (books, board games, DVDs, non-essential soft furnishings)
* The hot tubs will remain in use with our usual high standard of cleaning, along with the rims and covers
Will continue to be supplied. It is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before placement into the cottage.
Children’s equipment will remain available, which includes:
Avent electric sterilizer
Microwaveable steam sterilizers
Baby welcome packs (but will no longer include a book or duck)
All items will be disinfected with virucidal spray between use.
Other items on our equipment list unfortunately will not be available.
Dogs are still welcome with their welcome pack and bedding included. Items will be disinfected between use with virucidal spray products rated to EN14476 or EN14675 Log 5
Arrival and Departure Times
Our arrival and departure times have changed to allow extra time for cleaning between guests.
Guests to now arrive at 5pm and leave by 9am. Due to COVID-19 remaining active in air for up to 3 hours, guests may not enter cottages until 3 hours after housekeepers have completed cleaning & disinfecting.
Social distancing between staff and guests is mandatory
What to do if you become unwell with COVID-19 symptoms
Wallops Wood Cottages will adhere to government guidance on reporting and managing potential infection cases.
If a guest (you or a member of your party) arrives with COVID-19 symptoms or develops symptoms during their stay (a recent onset of a continuous cough or high temperature or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell), you must advise Wallops Wood Cottages by telephone and return home to self-isolate for 7 days (or 14 days if living with someone who has the symptoms).
- Staff experiencing similar symptoms will go home to self-isolate for 7 days.
- Sufferers should not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- If symptoms worsen, NHS 111 should be called, or their website visited: 111.nhs.uk.
- In case of acute breathing difficulties, 999 should be called.
Once a property is vacated post infection, appropriate cleaning procedures will be followed after 72 hours.