Telephone: 01489 878888
Contact for accessibility enquiries: Emma@wallopswoodcotttages.co.uk
Located in the beautiful Meon Valley, our luxurious, accessible, child- and pet friendly self-catering holiday cottages have spectacular views across the countryside to the South Coast. Within easy reach of Winchester, Petersfield, Southampton and Portsmouth, our well-equipped cottages have wood burners, individual gardens, hot tubs, underfloor heating and ensuite facilities. An indoor heated pool, which can be accessed by 7 steps or a hoist, and a jacuzzi, which can be accessed by 2 steps or a hoist are brand new. This will be followed by a games and events room later in the year. All cottages are accessible, with Teal being M3A-rated, Hedgehunter M2-rated and Early Mist, Glenside, Sundew and Skeldale M1-rated under the National Accessible Scheme. Silver Birch and Woodbrook are M3A rated and the latest additions to our site. We have a comprehensive list of accessible equipment available for guests to use.
At a Glance
- There is level access into:
- M3A-rated cottages – Silver Birch, Teal and Woodbrook
- M2-rated cottage – Hedgehunter
- M1-rated cottages – Early Mist, Glenside and Sundew
- There is one step access into:
M1-rated cottage – Skeldale (not suitable for wheelchairs)
- Hedgehunter, Silver Birch, Teal and Woodbrook have wheelchair-accessible bedrooms.
- We have non-allergic bedding available on request.
- A portable hoist and a profiling bed are available for hire from Solent Mobility.
Level access bedrooms & bathrooms
- All routes to bedrooms have access of 750mm wide or more.
- All bedroom doors are 750mm wide or more.
- Teal, Silver Birch, Woodbrook and Hedgehunter have bedrooms with unobstructed floor space of 1200mm by 900mm, or more.
- Teal and Hedgehunter have a wet room with a level access shower, Silver Birch has two wet rooms and Woodbrook has a wet room and a free-standing bath with overhead shower, enabling the use of a hoist.
- All TVs have subtitles available.
- Most staff have had disability awareness training.
- The walls and the doors have high colour contrast.
- We have information in large print.
- Taps have red and blue indicators and raised buttons to indicate which are hot and cold.
The accommodation is rated by the National Accessible Scheme as suitable for:
- Older and less mobile guests
- Part-time wheelchair users
- Independent wheelchair users
- Guests with hearing loss
- Visually impaired guests
- Staff are available 24 hours a day.
- Most staff have disability awareness training.
- We have emergency evacuation procedures for disabled visitors.
Travel by public transport
- You can get to Wallops Wood Cottages by train.
- The nearest train station is Petersfield. The train station is 12 miles / 19.3 km from Wallops Wood Cottages.
- Petersfield Railway Station is on the London Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour line.
- Winchester Railway Station is 15 miles from Wallops Wood Cottages where there are connections to London Waterloo, Portsmouth Harbour, Basingstoke, Oxford, Manchester Piccadilly via Coventry & Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle via Doncaster, Weymouth, Bournemouth, Poole, Reading and Southampton Central.
- From Petersfield you can get a taxi with Wheel Drive by calling 01730 892052. The taxi company has wheelchair accessible vehicles.
- From Winchester you can get a taxi with Wessex Cars by calling 01962 877749. The taxi company has a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
- Taxis are available from Grab-a-Cab in Fareham by calling 01329 825045.
- We have free car parking with accessible parking spaces. The parking is less than 50 metres from the main entrance.
- There is a gentle incline from the road to the car park with a tarmac path that is 1300mm wide, or more.
- There is level access from the car park to the entrance of all cottages. The route is 1120mm wide, or more.
- The car park is gravel with block paving pathways to all cottages.
There is parking directly outside our M3i-rated cottage, Teal, one space outside Early Mist and two spaces outside Silver Birch.
• The entrances to all cottages except Skeldale have level access.
• Skeldale has one step access from the entrance to the kitchen and hallway (not suitable for wheelchairs).
• The doors are side-hung and manual.
• The front doors are 900mm wide, except Skeldale which is 700mm wide.
• When you arrive, we can help carry your luggage, by prior arrangement.